Emergency Medical Products (EMP) is pleased to announce the release of our homepage update, providing added features and benefits for our online users. Some of the highlights in this latest update include:
- A new top navigation bar, now highlighting our Clearance section as well as an introduction to our growing line of products for Surgery Centers and other alternate care facilities. By the way, if you are looking for a product and you can’t find it on our website, give us a call. We would be happy to assist you.
- Online Loyalty Members, when logged in to your account, you’ll now see the number of eligible points from a dropdown menu next to the cart icon at the top of our webpage. Click on points, and you’ll be taken to your loyalty summary page where you’ll see pending points, approved points, and when your points expire (hurry up, use those points!).
- Improved visibility on our homepage to the promotions we have running on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Check out our Deal of the Day – it changes almost daily and provides great savings!
- Improved visibility to sign up for our emails which provide money saving promotional discounts as well as announcements of NEW products.
- Improved maneuverability with our website when using a tablet or smartphone device. We’ve made it easier to navigate, and you can still see the same great features that you’ll find on the desktop version of our website.
These are just a few of the recent enhancements that we have rolled out to keep your shopping experience with EMP efficient, easy to maneuver, and fast. Look for more enhancements over the coming months.
The EMP Team
We’re in the midst of CPR & AED Awareness Week! What have you done to raise awareness in your community?
Cardiac arrest strikes immediately and without warning. It’s never too late to go over some basics, so let’s review the warning signs and emergency treatment of cardiac arrest.
Here are the signs:
Sudden loss of responsiveness
- No response to tapping on shoulders
- Does nothing when you ask if he’s OK
If these signs of cardiac arrest are present:
Yell for help
- Tell someone to call 9-1-1 and get an AED (if one is available)
- If you are alone with an adult who has these signs of cardiac arrest, call 9-1-1 and get an AED (if one is available)
- If the person isn’t breathing or is only gasping, give CPR
Push hard and push fast
- Use an AED as soon as it arrives by turning it on and following the prompt
- Until the person starts to breathe or move or someone with more advanced training takes over
EMP carries a huge selection of AEDs, including recertified AEDs, CPR pocket masks, and the NEW CPR RsQ Assist®, as well as assorted CPR manikins for your teaching and training needs.
Source: American Heart Association
Emergency Medical Products (EMP) recently added the Thermal Angel Blood and IV Fluid Infusion Warmers to its growing line of medical supplies and equipment. The Thermal Angel was designed to require minimal training and can be used in a variety of environments including EMS, Flight Service, and Hospitals. Some of the features and benefits of the Thermal Angel include:
- Quick setup – within 30 seconds
- Lightweight and portable
- Disposable (single patient use) with no cleaning required
- Standard luer settings that will accept all standard IV line sets
- Meets American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) Standards
The Thermal Angel begins warming within seconds and can help proactively prevent hypothermia in the field before evacuation. EMP is currently carrying the standard and ultra emergency packs, in addition to a disposable emergency pack reload kit.
Contact EMP today to learn more about the Thermal Angel, an innovative technology that is leading the way with significant advantages over other types of blood warming products.
Below is a picture of Bernard’s son, the winner of the EMP Name the Bear Contest for 2014. We are glad that the bear made it to Massachusetts safe and sound. Bernard’s son named the bear Am-Bear-Lance, and was voted the top entry by the Emergency Medical Products’ employees.
The winner of our Name the Bear Contest was Bernard, a fireman based out of the University of Massachusetts Memorial Hospital. Bernard’s entry of Am-Bear-Lance was voted the top choice by the Emergency Medical Products’ employees.
Bernard shared a touching story with the EMP group relative to the naming of the bear, and we thank Bernard for his story. Congratulations Bernard, your 5’ stuffed bear has shipped, and is on its way to you. It should be arriving at your doorstep on Christmas Eve!
After we launched the contest, we also stumbled upon a baby bear that looked very similar to the large stuffed bear we had sitting in our lobby. A picture of baby bear is shown below. In the spirit of the holiday season, we decided at the last minute to donate baby bear. We donated him to a local shelter for homeless and abused children, and hopefully he will bring a smile and soft hug to someone in need.
So, now you know the story of the bears and EMP. We hope it made someone’s holiday season a little brighter.
On behalf of the employees at Emergency Medical Products, we wish you all safe and happy holidays and a Bear-y Christmas!